|2008: The Year in Review
||[Dec. 31st, 2008|06:01 pm]
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?|
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I made some New Year's resolutions and didn't keep them. I will indeed make more for this year.
3. Did someone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, and I hope that doesn't change.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
A more successful business.
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
2/21/08 - We got engaged
4/17/08 - We rescued Beaker the mourning dove
10/11/08 - We got married
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Hmm... is getting married an achievement? If so, that. If not, I suppose my most recent Nano novel will have to qualify.
9. What was your biggest failure?
No business progress at all. Too distracted to give it the effort it deserves.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I had the flu earlier in the year, and some minor colds, but nothing too serious.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I bought He-yet a weekend away with me for his 30th birthday and it was awesome.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
He-yet's, for being amazing.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Drivers on the road, and that's it.
14. Where did most of your money go?
The mortgage, the wedding, and the bills.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Getting married! Oh, and rescuing and saving Beaker. And getting an IUD, which although painful was so very worth it.
16. What song[s] will always remind you of 2008?
Silly as it sounds, that Taylor Swift song "Love Story" started being played on the radio about two days before we got married, so it makes me think of the wedding, as does "Into the Mystic" by the Wallflowers (our first dance song).
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder?
ii. thinner or fatter?
About the same, despite my efforts otherwise.
iii. richer or poorer?
Poorer, alas. Working on it.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Paying off debt.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
We spent it with He-yet's parents.
22. Did you fall in love in 2008?
I fall in love with him all over again every day. Or at least every week.
23. Any one-night stands?
Does it count if they're with the same guy?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
That 70s Show and Top Chef.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Nah. Hate is too strong a word.
26. What was the best book you read?
I didn't read much this year. Isn't that terrible? After my 100-books-in-a-year and everything. Let me think about this one some more. I just read 50/50 today (about the Ultramarathon guy) and it was pretty awesome.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Nothing much, actually.
28. What did you want and get in 2008?
An engagement ring and a husband.
29. What did you want and not get?
To lose more weight.
30. Favorite film of this year?
HP5. Wait, that was last year. Oh, well, doesn't matter.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 27, and we went out to dinner, I think.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
NOT having my dad diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Jeans and cute blouses.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Orlando Bloom, as usual.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
The pharmacists who are allowed to refuse to fill birth control prescriptions. Assholes!
37. Who do you miss?
I miss my parents all the way in Florida.
38. Who was the best new person(s) you met?
Lisa! My carpool buddy.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008:
I can make beautiful things happen.